Lead Instrument Instructors serve as the point person and coordinator of their assigned instrument group. They facilitate the pre-session meet ups and communications prior to the session. They teach along with their fellow instructors and help organize the materials provided from past sessions.
Lead Instructors must meet the following requirements to apply:
– Must have at least 1 year teaching experience within your selected Instrument or have taught a basic skill level of your particular instrument for at least 2 years.
– Have volunteered as an Instrument Instructor for Rock Camp previously
– Have strong lesson planning and organized preparation within your instructor group – must fill out lesson plans for the week
– Must have the ability to develop curriculum to meet all campers at their skill level and help them prepare for their band practices leading up to Showcase time
– Willingness to periodically check in with your fellow instructors during camp week
– Lead Instructors may also be helping one or more Interns as they learn how to teach a class, work with all kinds of campers, and convey their knowledge as they become instructors! Working with Interns will be discussed further at orientation.
Time Commitment: Volunteer orientation prior to camp, Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30pm, Showcase 11:00am-5:30pm (optional). Coordinating before camp meet-ups with fellow instructors and interns.
This position combines well with Band Coach or Lead Roadie for a full day of volunteering.
Return to volunteer job descriptions